Company’s Fourth Annual Event Convenes Global Sustainability Leaders at Footprint Center in Phoenix
Gilbert, AZ (Jan. 31, 2022) –
Footprint, a global materials science technology company whose mission is to create a healthy planet, unveils a packed agenda for its fourth annual Footprint Sustainability Summit at Footprint Center, home of the NBA-leading Phoenix Suns and WNBA finalists Phoenix Mercury, on Feb. 9. This exclusive event, Champions of Change, will bring together an impressive roster of world-renowned speakers, discussing the sustainability landscape, inspiring meaningful conversations and networking. Topics will range from the business of sustainability to the impact of plastic on human and planet health and more. The unique forum will connect thought leaders, NGOs, investors and the entire sustainable ecosystem directly with the consumer brands and retailers driving change.
“We’re creating a unique forum for learning, celebrating and to help people go faster and we’re honored to bring together so many business decisionmakers, scientists, policy experts and innovators at Footprint’s fourth annual Sustainability Summit,” said Troy Swope, Footprint co-founder and CEO. “This year’s theme, Champions of Change, is appropriate for 2022 as there’s no denying the demand has gone mainstream for sustainable solutions.”
Leaders from public companies, innovation partners, major food brands, university researchers, scientists, supermarkets and professional sports organizations will participate in keynotes and panels. The agenda will cover opportunities and challenges in the sustainability space, with practical insights and roadmaps to action for businesses and business leaders. Among other highlights, speakers will explore the impact of plastic on human health, new commercial and consumer innovations, success stories and changing sustainability habits forged amid COVID-19. Attendees will get the first look at proprietary new research to be released from Wunderman Thompson Intelligence on consumers and sustainability.
Andrew Winston, noted sustainability expert and best-selling author, will moderate the event. Winston most recently co-authored Net Positive with Paul Polman, former CEO of Unilever, which dives deep into the intersection of sustainability and profitability for businesses.
“I’m looking forward to engaging in the upcoming Footprint sustainability summit with leaders from business, academia, science, and government. These innovators, influencers, and organizations are playing important roles in tackling our sustainability challenges. They will help others, and in particular businesses, elevate their work and solve some of the planet’s hardest problems,” Andrew Winston said.
- Don Thompson, founder and CEO of Cleveland Avenue; former McDonald’s president & CEO
- Marisa Drew, chief sustainability officer and global head of sustainability strategy, advisory & finance, Credit Suisse
- Jonathan Silver, senior advisor, Guggenheim Partners; one of the nation’s leading clean economy investors and advisors
- Nicolas Jammet, co-founder and chief concept officer of sweetgreen – one of America’s fastest-growing restaurant companies and a Footprint customer
- Marie Stafford, global director, Wunderman Thompson Intelligence, who will share new consumer data on sustainability
- Jane Muncke, PhD, managing director, Food Packaging Forum; expert on hazardous chemicals in food-contact plastics
- Whendee L. Silver, professor of ecosystem ecology and biogeochemistry, and Rudy Grah Endowed Chair in Forestry and Sustainability, University of California, Berkeley; steering committee member, Marin Carbon Project
- Major sports league representatives from four major teams in an exciting panel on sustainable sports moderated by Adam Fraser, CEO of Laureus Sport for Good
- Kentaro Kawamori, co-founder and CEO of Persefoni – a carbon accounting platform helping organizations transform carbon data into decarbonization strategies
- Charlie Rolsky, director of science North America for Plastic Oceans International
- Plus, authors, celebrities, innovation experts and more Footprint customers
Honored guests will include Footprint Sustainability Ambassador and former NFL wide receiver and future Hall of Famer Larry Fitzgerald, Phoenix Suns General Manager James Jones, and Phoenix Suns player and sustainability champion Chris Paul, among others.
Continuing a valued Footprint Sustainability Summit tradition, Footprint will recognize innovative individuals and organizations that are positively affecting the environment on a global scale and improving the environment to create a healthier planet, with its annual Ocean Heroes Awards sponsored by the Footprint Foundation.